I only realised recently that I actually follow very few blogs at all.
It’s really not okay.
As someone whose livelihood relies upon people clicking onto different posts that I write, and pretending that they care about said posts, I should really be supporting others trying to do a similar thing.
So in lieu of receiving a “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” from a peer of the blogipelago, I have decided to actually play along with the system and give some shoutouts to the few blogs that I do actually read on a regular basis.
Recipients of the award must do the following:
>State seven interesting facts about themselves.
>Link to several blogs that they find great and give a little spiel as to why.
First, however, I will link back to the person who sponsored my award being the disgustingly witty Hannah Barker over at I Am A Palindrome. She’s decided to give her blog a renewed presence so go take a peek.
Now I’m meant to say seven things about myself.
I don’t really do talking about myself.
Not doing it.
Final step, post links to other bloggers who you like/ have given the award to.
Well. I’m meant to do 15, but here’s some instead.
Here we go!
1. Six Oh Four – An all sorts blog dedicated to all sorts of things. Don’t know if she’s still updating, but worth a look irrespective.
2. Music Laundry – A couple of young journo students keeping you up to date with tour information regarding your favorite bands. The three authors here do their best to keep you up to date with album review and a fresh take on music journalism. In short, they’re my friendly competition. Definitely check them out on top of my music reviews, they cover some different stuff.
3. Quirky and Curious – Yummy recipes and general literature ramblings from a talented Melbournite. Definitely worth a lookie.
4. Potty Mouth – This was a cool blog with a guy who would muse over life when he took a dump. He finished this project, but he’s moving to new things so keep an eye on this one.
5. Look, Think, Feel – Words don’t really do this one justice. It’s a fantastic concept, sad to see it come to an end. Hopefully she’ll keep going!
There’s five! That should do you my pleasant little readers enjoy these ones and do promote all blogs to your friends! For some people it’s just a hobby, but for others it’s a lifestyle and indeed an important step in their career path towards professional journalism.
EDIT: I completely forgot about my good friend Lizzi’s blog Makeup and Smell the Coffee, it’s pretty great but because it’s hosted on the inferior blogging option it wasn’t in my reader. Whoops.